Marcus doesn’t consider a day complete unless he can…
- Bark loudly into your face a hundred times or so to show you how glad he is to see you.
- Run by you at top speed and lick you on any available piece of bare skin.
- Sneeze on you, focusing on your face or any patches of bare skin that he didn’t get to lick.
- Jump up on the couch as soon as you leave the room and drink your coffee, spilling most of it onto the upholstery.
- Help you put on his leash by jumping up and down, barking, and twisting in all directions while you try to fasten the leash snap to his collar.
- Sneak into the bedrooms, where he is forbidden to go, eat a pack of gum still in its wrappers, then vomit up the whole thing onto the wool carpet.
- Bark in his “stranger danger” voice at the man of the house, who has lived with Marcus for 11 years, as he comes up to the kitchen door.
- Bark at the turkeys who hang around in the yard, or the deer who come up from the canyon, or cats passing by, or (his favorite) at nothing at all.